Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gardening-Part II

More weeds!  If I knew how I would link back to my last "gardening" post, but can you believe it, I'm not totally sure how to do that and since I hear my oldest and youngest daughter's playtime coming to an end (per the baby's "request") I'm not going to figure it out right now.

The weeds of disorganization!  Oh my.  Since Felicity's arrival, even though we've had "seasons" of thriving, we basically been in survival mode.  With our sweet blessing came extra doctor's appointment, physical therapy appointments, not to mention just the energy it has taken to make sure that everything she does is "typical" and doesn't need addressing.  We've seen miracle after miracle with this baby, however, the day to day living has not been as smooth as it could be.  So weed #2: Goodbye disorganization.

I sort of resent the fact that people toss their hands up in the air and say things like, "Ah, you have 5 kids, you have every excuse to not have it all together." Have our standards really lowered that much? I would argue, but I don't like confrontation so I won't argue, that having 5 kids is the exact reason why I need to have it all together. 

To that end, enter the pantry organizing day.  Also known as, "bribe the kids with the rest of the Easter candy to get them to work on cleaning out the pantry and playing with the baby".

Disclaimer:  I'm only showing pictures so you can see what a task we had.  Don't judge the food you see in my pantry.  Like I said, survival. Sometimes that means, well, we have to survive.  To balance this some day I'll post a picture of all the lovely organic food we're getting in the local CSA that we've joined this year.

There's one of my slaves helpers.

The pantry taking residence on my stovetop and butcher block.

Empty pantry.  Note to self:  Clean garbage can lid.

Voila!  And yes, those are labels! 
  So there you have it.  The first step in getting better organized.  Today, cleaning out the refrigerator + science (I figure they'll go hand in hand...ick!)

No comments: