The littlest of our crew sure has me eating a lot of humble pie. Here's the most recent.
I hope ya'll will still like me after I tell you this, but I used to balk at "all those moms" who would buy (and presumably use) store-bought baby food. *My* babies don't eat baby food. The oldest had a few jars of the stuff, but I happily gave it all up pretty much for good with the rest. Most of my babies went straight to soft table food.
My little skinny, choke-and-gag-on-breastmilk baby is another story, naturally. She loves the stuff. Because of her intubation at birth her little throat just can't handle much more than pureed stuff. She gets as much "regular" food as she wants (which is hardly any), and then her little belly gets full of the mushy stuff.
So now I'm the mom with the baby food in my shopping cart. Yes, I could make my own, but that would mean I was making my family healthy meals to begin with. I will be soon. Really soon. More on that later. By the looks of the week, it will be much later.
2 comments:
Aw, don't you love humble pie? I swore I would never feed formula and my youngest got some in the hospital because of blood sugar issues. Yep, talk about a wake-up call. Oh well. He's good and we're managed to maintain our nursing. But, humble pie sure doesn't taste very good. :)
I much prefer chocolate cream or apple to "humble". This babes of ours sure do like to test us. Congrats on your new one.
Post a Comment