I attended the conference two years ago, and regretted that because of Felicity's health last year I was unable to go. She was a challenge this year. I don't think I got to listen to one full talk, but I did get to walk around the campus of St.Thomas quite a bit and smile at other mom's who were
The logistics of taking a mobile child to the conference prohibited me from taking any pictures (okay, so I'm a wimp), and I don't really have a lot to say about it. I had a fantastic time. I met her at the Bloggers' meeting. I may or may not have made a fool of myself by telling her that I really came to the meeting because I just wanted to meet her. Hopefully she was flattered and not just annoyed. Truthfully though, I have followed "Minnesota Mom's" blog for some time and find her writing to be refreshing and inspiring. She's a "step ahead" in this parenting/homeschooling journey and it's nice to have someone to look to for what our future may hold. I could have told her that, but I ended up talking too much and saying things that never sound as eloquent when they come out of my mouth as they did when I was thinking them in my head. Oh well. There's always next year.
The weekend was fun and exhausting. We stayed up way too late visiting, and the beds weren't exactly luxury (good enough for college kids), and then there was that whole baby not wanting to sleep thing. It's a good thing I didn't expect the weekend to be super relaxing.
I can't wait for the conference next year! I hope to get the chance to meet some more people (maybe I won't be chasing a sweet toddler around), and make more connections with other families in our area! Did you go? Were you there? Did I meet you?
5 comments:
I was there, too! And I stayed up late, too, but it was so worth it!
Can't wait until next year (baby-free?)
Meghan, you are sweet & funny & a GREAT sport! Meeting you was a delight and a highlight of the conference, as was seeing your patient smile as you walked the halls with your darling girl.
Three years ago, I spent most of my time in the lobby with a newborn. He is now more than happy to stay home with his big brothers & sisters...only to be replaced (God willing!) by another little one in December.
So you see that even though I'm "one step ahead of you" in this parenting game, I'm right there with you in the trenches. Don't be mistaken--these littlest ones are a lot of work but they're the best, and the most fleeting, part of what we do.
LOVE!
I'm so glad you got to go and that Fifi was feeling well enough to have been a handful! Love you Sis!
I will not be baby free, but I already told Tim that we should try to plan our MN vacation around the conference (which of course is what we were supposed to do this year, but couldn't)
It was so amazing to spend time with you and get to know you a little bit better. Maybe next year we can up that to 3 dads and....hold on I don't know if I can count that fast.... if John Paul and Felicity stay I think it would be 13 kids??? And we would drop down to 1 baby? Good thing our Grandmas both live within 30 minutes of the conference :)
Heidi, that sounds like a great party of dads and kids! A little insane, maybe?! :)
I'm so glad the two of you finally got to meet in person - love it when my friends can connect like that!
Meghan, did you tell Margaret that you want to be Wisconsin Woman? Or that you already are? I forget. ;)
Post a Comment