Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Livin'

What?  It's mid-July?  Maybe that's why it's been so quiet here? 

We are still around.  We went on our annual trip to SD to see family and play tourist and get run over by a buffalo!  Got your attention?  Good.  Below is a picture to prove that we are all healthy and happy and just enjoying these precious moments of sunshine.  The rest has to wait because well...I have three kids upstairs who are supposed to be getting ready for bed and a baby plus one more child down here being a little noisy. 

I'm hoping to get a chapter of our read-aloud in tonight sans the presence of the other adult (the real one, not the 10-year-old who thinks he's one).  Felicity is not the biggest fan of "Swallows and Amazons", but the rest of us are so we are trying to convert her.  Maybe if I served pemmican?!  Not sure what I'm talking about?  Read it!  It's the perfect summer read-aloud.

This is the picture that will be in the Diocesan Newspaper.  We are being featured for National NFP week.  I've never written about NFP directly on this blog for several reasons.  I think this will be the year. 


Just in case you didn't believe me about the buffalo.  Okay, this isn't the one that almost killed us (I'm only being slightly dramatic), but these animals are just amazing!

No comments: