Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Take a Hike

Today didn't start off very well.  I'm starting to get a cold, the baby is as well, Brett and I were at odds (for? nope, still can't remember, which goes to show how silly it is to be grouchy with one another over nothing), and we had run out of coffee.  When did I become so reliant on coffee?  Grrrrr....

Anyway, I was a grump.  There, I said it.  It was me, all me. 

About mid-day I called Brett to share with him my grumpiness about my day, and he told me to go take a hike.  As in, "pack up those kids who you claim to not like and go hiking."  Ironically, I had already thought of cancelling school for the rest of the day and doing just that.  Naps were essential, as was a snack, but late afternoon we took ourselves to the state park which is just minutes from our home and went hiking.  It was wonderful.





A little soul-food is all we needed.  I have promised myself and the kids that we will make a better effort of getting out and enjoying this beautiful part of the world.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness, I love that picture with Aidan's hat over his eyes and the girls surrounding him!! What a good husband you have, suggesting that. Bill often does that to me when we're together as a family, encouraging me to get out with everyone when I'm grumpy. It really works!! May tomorrow be better, from the start! :)