Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring is Here!

Made ya look!  Spring isn't here silly.  It came for a couple of days, took one look at all the snow we have and went back south.  It stayed long enough to fool the chickens.  It must be a "bird thing" because we have a lot of birds at our feeder these days.  Unfortunately, the bird feeder is also attracting flying squirrels (ew, ew, ew) so it will need to come down.  We need to take it down anyway because the bears, or as people around here say, "the bear", are waking up and I have a feeling they will be hungrier and crankier than most years.

While we wait for spring to arrive (and stay or preferably turn into summer, but we won't hold our breath) we've been keeping plenty busy.  One word...cheeks!  Delicious.  Scrumptious.  Should be illegal to have cheeks that yummy!  Countless hours are spent loving all over this soft and squishy baby.








And since we are completely running out of things to do, we decided to chop some hair.  Actually, ever since Emma donated her hair last spring these two have been growing theirs out to do the same thing.

This week we are working hard to prepare our home and most importantly our hearts for Easter.  Lent isn't over yet, but will be soon.  Just like I was ready for Lent to begin (I can't believe that's the last post I wrote...I honestly was not giving up blogging for Lent), I'm ready for it to end.  We have a couple of stressful things going on right now (more later, I promise, I won't just leave it like that forever), and I'm clinging to the hope and the promise that comes with Easter.

No comments: