My Mother's Day started at 5:30am with two sweet and excited children standing by my bedside (and one snuggling in bed with me). Aidan and Emma woke up with the sun, organized their gifts and headed in to wish me a happy Mother's Day. I was presented with a wonderful homemade card, a box of M&Ms from Emma, and a package of different colored pens from Aidan. Both gifts were purchased by the kids with their own money.
Brett then took me over to the "lookout tower window" which is the window at the top of our stairs looking out over the backyard. I was extremely surprised to see a lovely statue of Mary in my Mary garden. My non-gift-giving husband did great this time! :-) My Lady's Mantle, and Bleeding Hearts are the only plants that have come back, but it is early yet. I have a few rose bushes and a couple other "Mary plants" waiting for some real spring weather before they show up.
We spent the whole day outside planting flowers (after going to Mass of course). The breeze was chilly as it blew off the lake, but if ya don't get out when the weather is like that you'll never see the sun.
We ended the evening with dinner at a friend's and a bonfire afterwards. The kids were exhausted and we failed to leave before the "Great MeltDown" happened, but by the end of the night all kids were sleeping soundly and this mom was exhausted. It was a great day!
2 comments:
That sounds like a wonderful mother's day! Great gift, Brett!! I love the idea of a Mary garden, and perhaps one of these years it will become more than an idea for me.
How wonderful, Meghan! Happy Mother's Day! :D I had a really nice day, despite having to take the kids to Mass by myself. They were really good, Susannah made her second Communion (her first was the day before, on May 10:) and there was a pancake breakfast after Mass, which I was totally surprised by and pleased with (no need to take them home and feed them lunch!!). In the afternoon, we went to Dh's parents' house and he cooked a big fajita dinner for us all! It was wonderful, and the kids were pretty darn good for most of the day. To top it off, the humidity was really low and we ate outside! WOW!
I miss you but love hearing about your new life up north. I hope it warms up a little for you soon so you can see your pretty roses bloom!
Post a Comment