Wednesday, May 14, 2008

School's Out For the Summer!

It is our last day of school today, hurray, hurray! One major upside to homeschooling is that I get to set our school year, and I declare our last day today!!!
The kids have worked really hard all year and we are going to take a good break while Brett is off and the sun is out. I am actually more in favor of schooling year round and we will be doing a short "summer session" this summer, and Emma will continue with her reading, and Aidan will be keeping up on his Math, but for all essential purposes we're finished with school. The kids have a guest teacher today...the parent who teaches as a career, and they are thrilled! :-)
We will be going to Mass this morning as a family, Gianna and I are going to go shopping for fun car stuff for our monster trip down South (we can't wait!!!!), and then we are going to get out in the woods. Nature study will once again be in full force (see, I told you we do school year round) and we are anxious to see what the nearby forests look like during this early springtime.

No comments: