Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Biting Noodle

I can't remember if I ever posted the silly story about Gianna mixing up the term "poodle" with "noodle". If I did, sorry for the repetition. A little explanation is necessary to understand the rest of this post.

After I was bitten by a poodle while we were in SD this summer the kids tell me to "look out" whenever we see a dog. We were riding in the car and Gianna started saying something about a "biting noodle". Well, she really meant the biting poodle, but now we all call poodles "noodles" and we are always on the lookout. It would be a shame if I were ever to forget the fateful day when a noodle's teeth took a chunk out of my leg. My children are making sure that will never happen and are always asking if I am wearing my "biting pants" whenever we see a dog.

Fast forward to today, Halloween. The three oldest kids went from wanting to be Narnians to Pirates. Although I have to admit that the Narnia costumes would have been cool I was relieved when they decided on being Pirates because well, I'm afraid of my sewing machine and there is no sewing required for a bunch of swashbucklers.

It had been decided that the youngest of our clan was going to be the parrot, but we were having difficulty in finding a way to make a not-quite-9-month-old look like a parrot.
This is the second choice, but all the kids were pleased. They are trying to convince me to wear a pair of pants with a hole in them. Humph!!!

She may only have 4 little teeth, but she's fierce. The Biting Noodle.

2 comments:

Kaylie said...

So cute! Love the last pic.

Ange said...

Love her costume! I can't believe she's that big already!