Enter number 3! When Gianna was born I was more than surprised to find that I had ample time of bonding with her and resting when I needed to. My previously attention-starved (or so they thought) oldest children were
Enter the newest baby. People always comment on how busy I am, how full my hands are, how they don't know how I do it. Truth be told? I've never felt so lazy in my life. My almost-not-toddler toddler and baby still keep me busy, but I have older kids. Wow! What a difference. The almost 8-year-old can help and be helpful. The 6 year-old does a pretty good job too.
A couple examples in case I still have some skeptics out there that don't believe me that having four children is easier than having two.
-someone always has someone else to play with
-if a couple of the kids are just not getting along, they can be separated, and still have a choice of a sibling to be around
-while I held the sick baby who was feeling rather needy my 8-year-old cut up olives, and grated cheese for the tacos we were having (he makes the oatmeal in the morning, and can make a mean breakfast of scrambled eggs, all by himself)
If you are still unmoved, the following will win you to "my side".
The whole house has been sick (cough, stuffy/runny nose, sore throat, etc). I haven't slept well for the past few nights because my baby can't sleep. This morning my oldest three children played, by themselves, while I napped with the baby for 2 1/2 hours! Oh glorious children! If you are a parent of young toddler or baby, I highly recommend getting yourself an older kid.
1 comment:
Thanks, Meghan! I hope my situation mirrors yours as you had your third child... Although, have you MET Simon?! :)
I actually just awoke from a 30 minute nap with Simon while Isaac played quietly. That is a first!
I hope you guys all recover soon. Chicken soup for us tonight! (I'd send some up, but I'm using leftover frozen chicken, and it doesn't look like there's much in there!)
Post a Comment