Monday, October 25, 2010

Camera still MIA

Since my camera will not be available until after tonight I thought I'd do what I tell my toddlers to do, and "use my words".

*First of all, this weekend was wonderful! A full weekend with no outside obligations whatsoever. It was raining and dreary all weekend long and we just hung out and relaxed. We even ate soup last night which is the ultimate relaxing activity during a cold and rainy weekend. Little Miss Veronica didn't sleep well last night which meant that my great plan for getting up and getting Monday off to a great start flew out the window.

*I am currently planning a neighborhood block party. Okay, that's a big fat lie. What I am really creating, in my mind, is a list of all the people I want to live next door to me or across the street from me or a block away from me. Instead these great people live a couple hours away from me, more than a couple hours away from me, or practical a nation away from me. Pooey! If I was a big girl (which I have admitted that I'm not) I would invite these cherished friends over for a nice cup of tea and we would chat and solve all the world's problems like old times. Of course since I'm not "big" enough to offer tea I would offer what I currently have which is Reese's Peanut Butter cups and a cold glass of milk.

*I'm pretty sure the sun has disappeared for the duration. My old companion and I will be reunited again on the -50 degree days this winter and at some point in April. In the meantime my Vit.D gummies and I will become great friends.

*Homeschooling a growing family is nothing like what I thought it would be. That's all I have for that one right now.

3 comments:

Jocelyn Woods said...

Awww...I wish I was your neighbor! And send your kids to my school...that will solve your problems. :)

Meghan said...

I wish you were my neighbor too. Especially since your hubby owns a snow blower. :-) Just kidding!

And actually, I'm not really having any problems at all in the school area. Homeschooling is just different than I thought it would be...not bad, different. Of course there are those days...but, today wasn't really one of them. I just need to teach the way I know I should instead of relying on all those nice little workbooks that have everything written out all nice for me.

And...el instrucion en Espanol todo hacemos (or would make...however in the world you do that one) mis chicos locos! :-)

Kaylie said...

Ha! I guess we enjoyed a cold glass of milk and Reese's together after all! I'd love to be your neighbor.