Thursday, October 21, 2010

Favorite things

I have some great pictures I wanted to post, but my camera is currently unavailable so words will have to do.

I happen to have an almost 9 year old boy who has quite a "downer" of a disposition. We all know the kind..."Look at the beautiful sunshine"-"It's too bright." "My, feel that fresh breeze"-
"It's too windy." "There's peace on earth!"-"Boring."

Now, he's not a sad, depressed, downer of a kid. He can just always find something negative to say about any situation. As a result of that I have been working really hard on making sure I'm positive about things. Of course, realistically the world isn't always sunshine and butterflies, but with this child, that realty is already very evident so a little emphasis on the good in life is needed for a balance.

So, I'll share with you some of my favorite things lately...in no particular order:

-Snuggling with all the kids (20 months all the way up to almost 9) in our bed reading bedtime stories. I love listening to them laugh together at the silly parts. I love that my older ones, even though they read quite long and "sophisticated" books on their own are not "too old" to sit and listen to me read from picture books.

-I love having a husband who works across the street from our home. I always fancied myself a country girl, but with a job that requires so many late nights for my main squeeze I am grateful that he can stop by whenever he has a chance.

-I love that our whole family eats two meals a day together. Lunch and dinner. Every day, very few exceptions. Can't beat that.

-I love that my almost 9 year old boy has the same love for wintry books in the fall. The snow is coming, the snow is coming!

-My 20-month-old "baby" who carries a baby under each arm every where she goes and kisses them when she throws them...er....uhm...when they "fall" on the ground.

-I love sweet four year olds who talk all day long.

-Flannel sheets. 'Nough said.

-I love coffee creamer. There, I said it. I'm not grown up enough to like many hot teas (except a couple) and I'm not grown up enough to like coffee without a creamer of some chocolate variety.

-I love when this little baby moves around and puts my mind at ease. I'll be 18 weeks on Saturday, and I'm so very excited.

-I love my 7-year-old girl who lets her baby sister crawl up on her lap during dinner and eat from her plate. Emma has the most tender heart and will do anything for anyone in this family. I'm not sure what I did to deserve such a sweet girl, but I am very grateful. She's a great example to all of us.

-I love when I hear the sound of Brett's keys in the door...which I just did. 10:30pm...not too bad.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Woods said...

How stinkin' funny...not your post, but the fact that I have been considering doing one of those too! But I think I'm entitling mine: Things I Know To Be True...or something like that. :) Love ya lil' sis!

Sara said...

I'm saying many prayers for you and your littlest one inside of you!