Monday, October 11, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Well, mainly the "Bad and the Ugly." Things in this house have not exactly been going as planned. Or at least, not as I have planned.

Things I hadn't planned on:

-not having a weekend at all (read-Brett was gone all weekend long being a super-helpful friend to others and a very absentee father/husband to us)

-having an 8 year old with a bad temper and a bad attitude

-wanting to take the day off, but not being able to

-my sewing machine dying in mid-project (I'm not good at sewing anyway and this really put a damper on things)

-not having time/energy to go out and look for a new sewing machine

-my husband spending 1 1/2 hours at the Urgent Care Clinic trying to get a Tetanus shot since during one of his helping episodes he scraped himself with a rusty nail (he never did get the shot because of some policy about not being able to get a Tetanus shot without seeing the doctor first and the doctor wasn't in yet...at 10:00am)

-me being in an over-all grumpy-pants mood

-having no bread in the house

-approaching that time of the semester when I am going solo for a lot of things due to extra rehearsals/concerts/etc


Soooo...while in this wonderful mood of mine, I was trying to express to Brett that he really needed to find a way to take a day off (ha!) so I could take a day off and leave, somewhere. Later on today Gianna comes up to Brett and says, "When mom moves, if you are going to be our teacher, there are a few things you need to know." She then tells Brett exactly how things are done around here. Which gave me an idea (a better mom would have been bothered by the fact that her 4-year-old thought she was moving)...I don't need Brett to take a day off. I'll just leave Gianna in charge!



*Disclaimer- All statements above are for entertainment purposes only and cannot be used in a court of law against the "statement-maker". :-) It's just been "one of those days".

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

:D Oh dear, do I feel ya'. I also have been flying solo a lot. Josh was scheduled to sing a wedding this weekend (hey, that's the best $-per-hour of any of his jobs!) but guess what he started doing at about midnight the night before? Yep, tossing the cookies. So, he had to call in a sub for his wedding and he got the "day off." Not really, because he had to force himself to go in to work Sat. night for a special alumni thing. Then, Sunday he actually had a planned day off, but he had to recouperate from his sick day on Sat, so he was feeling pretty down still. Today, he took an official day off work because one of the boys started getting sick and it continued all night. Wheeeeee, a three day weekend for us! ;) Not. :P

Jocelyn Woods said...

Been there...totally been there! Hmmm, how about next weekend you and I meet in the cities and spend the weekend sleeping in big, comfy, hotel beds, ordering room service, and window shopping at the mall of america? You say the word and I'm there babe!

Meredith said...

I'm guessing today wasn't any better. Boo. Did Gianna really say that. She is one hilarious kid!

Wade Katie and the boys said...

I've got a 9 year old with a temper and a bad attitude. I can feel ya there. I up for a day off too.

Ange said...

If you're running away, Phoenix is lovely this time of year! :) I seriously miss you my friend!