Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Friday!

This week went by really, really fast. If the rest of my pregnancy goes this fast we will have our new little friend here in no time. Yay!

Some random thoughts for today:

-We are making green and yellow M&M cookies for the big game this weekend. That means we need green and yellow M&Ms. That means that the rest have to be separated from the green and yellow. A bowl would suffice for this task, but my mouth has been willing to sacrifice.

-We had a huge surprise Wednesday night and were visited by our favorite neighbor (Hi Dan!) who we thought was still in Florida.

-We are planning our first-ever trip down the Cities in about a week to meet my sister and her kids and celebrate the youngest two girls' birthdays together! Very exciting!

-9-year-old boys are fun! They are sometimes mouthy, almost all-the-time trying to be in charge, but just really, really fun. They are tall too. That's my 9-year-old on the far right. We now wear the same shoe size and it won't be long and I'll be looking my little man straight in the eyes.

- Veronica loves her bed. Her real bed. Not my/her bed. We moved her bed into Aidan's room and she says with pride, "My bed, Aya oom!" The relationship between the youngest (for now) and oldest is so precious.

- Me at 33 weeks. I appreciate all of my fb friends' comments about how tiny I am. Really, I do. I'm just not feelin' it. I have anywhere between 4 and 7 weeks to go and although I feel pretty good, I find myself sitting more often and really longing for the quiet of the night when I can put my feet up and not move for quite some time. I have a feeling that this baby is going to come earlier rather than later, but who knows. I've had my babies anywhere from 37 weeks to 39 weeks.
- Brett is mostly home this weekend. Yay!

-I made tater-tot casserole for the very first time in my life last night. I refused to use the "cream of junk" that it called for (you know because the tater tots themselves are so full of nutrition) so I made up my own recipe and it was a huge hit. Everyone, except Gianna, loved it. I'll call it a success. You can't please every one, and she said she liked it, just didn't love it.

- School today was a page of Math for Aidan and an expedition in the backyard, which actually means I sent the kids out to play because it is warm enough, it was snowing, and quite frankly, I can.

-I've been thinking about my Texas friends and hope they are staying safe and enjoying their little taste of winter.

Go Green Bean Packers!

No comments: