For Today
February 7, 2011
Outside my window...Students are arriving for the day, the snow is "old" and the streets look brown and dirty. And it's cold.
I am thinking...about everything baby.
I am thankful for...a fun weekend with family and a regular, "normal" week ahead.
In our home school...We are using this pre-baby time to really get some good "book work" done. After baby I imagine we'll change things up a bit, learn how to be a family of 7, and take it a little slower.
In the kitchen...We have reminders of a fun superbowl party. There is also a yummy pot of chicken-rice soup waiting to be devoured for lunch and dinner today. A day without much food prep or clean-up is a happy day indeed.
I am wearing...some "comfy" blue pants, a yellow shirt, and a yellow and blue jacket. Comfort is the goal these days.
I am creating...a complete chore list to get these kids back on track.
I am going...to take it easy this week in anticipation of a fun-filled weekend.
I am reading..."Simplicity Parenting" by someone who seems to know what he's talking about, but I can't remember his name.
I am hoping and praying...for my Grandma Ruby, for a healthy end of pregnancy, and for all my friends who are expecting.
I am hearing...Aidan sweeping the dining room, the washing machine running, and the girls talking while they draw.
Around the house...We live in our house and it looks like it, but all in all it's straightened up and clean.
One of my favorite things...is the flexibility of home schooling. On mornings like this I am very thankful that I'm not waking kids up early and rushing them off to school. We were up late, and the kids woke up when they needed to, and now we will begin the day with semi-rested children.
A few plans for the rest of the week..Piano lessons today with daddy, Newman stuff tonight and tomorrow, a First Communion meeting for Emma on Wednesday, karate a couple of times, and a weekend of fun. Like I said a regular, "normal" week.
A picture of our weekend:
1 comment:
Hey Cute Lady! I had lost this blog link so it was nice to see it on fb. Just read most all your current posts while boys are writing out Latin verses and Izzy is doing handwriting. Very nice to feel a little caught up on you all. We are well. We need to talk soon. Much love to you all, we keep you in our prayers. Angie S.
Post a Comment