The author borrowed the idea from, if I understand right, the Buddhists. However, the book was quick to mention that all flavors of all faiths teach the same idea. The Buddhists just put it simply.
Are they true?
Are they kind?
Are they necessary?
Imagine a world where everyone tried to monitor their words based on those 3 simple rules.
2 comments:
Very helpful. Simplicity is best for me when I'm trying to improve the way I live, and I can remember these questions (I think).
If *I* understand it correctly, it's fine to borrow a thought from Buddhism (as long as it's truth that you are taking away from it) because it is more of a philosophy than a religion, anyway. I'm watching a series on India right now. It seems like last night I heard that Buddhism is the rejection of all attachments, and since that would include the attachment to a God/s, that it is not a religion. (Of course, that's why I'm not a Buddhist!)
Those 3 questions are a good measure to use! no matter where they come from!
Post a Comment