Thursday, April 28, 2011

Family



I just love these kids!


Today we started up our home school again. Although we have a lot going on with the house it was time to bring some consistency back. I've had to be really honest with myself (hate it when that happens) and really assess what's going well and what we're failing at in our little school. Unfortunately our "fail" list was a lot longer than the other. Bummer. We're continuing along where my wonderful Mother-in-law/substitute teacher left off for now and I'm in the process of planning for next year.


Please pray for us as we discern the best option for our eldest child. He and I are very much alike and lately, to be honest, we have not been getting along at all. I long to have a great relationship with him and I'm not sure that keeping him at home is the best for either of us. We're going to be trying some new things at the end of this year and make a decision from there. I'm hopeful that not all is lost and that we can continue to keep him near and home school, but what I really want is to do what's best for him and our family.


Brett has just over 2 weeks of this semester left and it's getting to be crunch time which means he's gone all the time. I've had to admit to him that I'm not superwoman (I can still see the disappointment on his face...lol!) and that I might not make it through this new baby, house, end of the semester thing without some major help. I know this is just a fleeting moment in the grand scheme of things and that helps me a little bit.


In other news:

Felicity is doing so well. I can hardly look at her without having tears come to my eyes. The more we get to know her the more it hits home that we were minutes away from not having her here! Praise God for His miracles!!!!


I'm glad I can use the excuse "we're moving soon" to explain the state of my house. The reality of it is that it's just a mess.


Veronica has red hair. Need I say more?


Emma is beyond excited about her First Communion. Her godfather and his family will be here to celebrate.


Aidan has been answering the phone lately. This is really weird and "big kid" for me. It all started when I was away every day with Felicity in the NICU. Since he knew the people who were calling much more than my in-laws he sort of just took over that job. I honestly don't care for kids answering the phone, but I think this is an independence thing that I need to let go of.


Gianna is 5 and talks all the time. Have I mentioned that before? My, oh my, do I now understand my parents. I was the exact...same...way. It's painful at times.


Spring is trying to come. The sun peeks his little head out at times and gets us all excited. Of course the snow we've had the past couple of days makes us scratch our heads and wonder if we someone missed a month on the calendar. Then again, the little green buds remind me that no, Spring is coming. Yay for Spring! Yay for sun!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

We are so excited for Miss Emma, and also to get to see your beautiful family again! And to meet your miracle baby!!!

You're planning for next year? I hadn't even thought of that! I'm finding myself inspired...

Praying for you all!!

Heather K said...

Love the pic of the kids
Miss you my friend