Friday, May 6, 2011

Over the "blahs"

Felicity has now officially been home longer than she was in the hospital. I'm afraid to say that it took way too long and too many meltdowns to get into a good "routine" and feel like I'm not failing at everything I try to do. I finally feel like I can get something done these days without my head being in a complete fog. Wow, hormones and stress...not a good combination.

Brett has a week left of classes and then finals and then he's free for the summer! Yippeee! Okay, who am I kidding? This summer is jam-packed with renovation projects and visitors (and if you're one of those visitors you just might be lucky enough to get in on a renovation project).

The "other" house is shaping up nicely and as soon as we have a new septic system we can move in. I drove up yesterday and it looked like a scene from "Extreme Home Makeover". Too bad ABC isn't footing the bill.

I received a phone call yesterday from the nurse manager at the NICU wondering if I would be willing to go around with the Foundation and tell our sweet baby's story. They are trying to raise funds for a new NICU. This is a project I will gladly support and do whatever I can to help succeed.

Off to the grocery store (yes, with all the kids 'cause that's just how it goes around here) to get ready for the big weekend! Oh, more about that in another post. Hopefully with pictures.

1 comment:

Heather K said...

How cool to tell Felicity's story to help the NICU! You are a wonderful writer! Do it if you can fit it in