Saturday, January 26, 2013

Picture This

A sweet, fevering almost 2-year-old in my arms.  Her head wedged tightly against my neck and her hand tucked under my shirt, just above the shoulder.  That is what I've been doing since Monday.  I've taken exactly 2 showers since Monday and I haven't added up the hours of sleep I've had because it just isn't worth the trouble. 

My first baby has also succumbed to what we are calling "The Black Death".  He's just as miserable and I'm pretty sure if it was humanly possible he would assume the same position as his baby sister has all week.

So, if you have emailed or called, I'm sorry for not getting back to you yet.  I'm hopeful that we're at the end of our illness and that maybe life will become normal again.  My dishes might be finished at the end of the day, the children won't have to search the dryer for clothes, and maybe, just maybe these kids will learn something in school.   I think I've extended the "all of life is an education and we're all learning together about what it's like when a family is sick" lesson as long as I can.

I've have lots to write about on these pages.  Unfortunately by the time I survive the day and get kids tucked into bed all my thoughts are all mush.  Maybe someday. 

I will cease complaining.  This too will pass, right?  Right?!?!?!


2 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, sorry to hear about all the sickies around there! Makes for some miserable weeks for everyone. GET WELL SOON!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of the illness that has visited your family! :( I hope you all are on the mend soon.

Love,
L