The next morning....still no oxygen. I had to wait for the neonatologist to make her rounds, but by that afternoon she gave us the go-head and I packed up my babe and we left. I called Brett when we got out to the parking garage and said something corny like "the eagle is flying" or something like that.
4 weeks of agonizing ups and downs. 4 weeks of not knowing if our sweet Felicity would ever be able to come home to us. 4 weeks of praying, and praying, and praying, and begging God to save this girl who was very much loved.
| Home sweet home! |
Marciana will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. Instead of waiting for 24 hours of no oxygen, we took her home 24 hours after she was born. Her siblings have been able to love on her and hold her and get to know her. We've had her in our bed at night instead of having to leave her in the hands of nurses and doctors. What a difference!
I am forever grateful for having a healthy baby. I will never take that blessing for granted. I promise not to obsess (publicly) like this at every milestone, but this one was a big one for me.
| Sweet Marci, nearing the peak of "baby acne" season, but still cute and amazing! |
1 comment:
She IS cute. She's beautiful! Hope I get to meet her soon.
Post a Comment