It's a weird psychological issue for sure, but both Brett and I have felt that our lives were on hold until two events took place.
Event #1- Marciana
Event #2- Scotland (he went for only a week, our big family adventure is still coming)
We picked him up from the airport, after surviving a drive through a monsoon, late Saturday night. We eased into school today, as is our custom on Mondays since the kids have their piano lessons before Brett heads to work. I might be somewhat crazy, but even with a 3-week-old I feel this great need to get things organized around here. Post-baby nesting? Who knows.
I do know that now both the above events have taken place our lives have been set back into motion. There's homeschooling, karate, toddlers, laundry, etc. There's concerts, committees, lessons, extra gigs, etc. I do believe it's time for a parent-teacher conference or a principal-teacher conference or whatever. A household of 8 does not run itself and it's time to get this home in order.
I'm looking forward to having a routine, no matter how simple it may be, and to make this house a home instead of a place that's in constant flux. I'm looking forward to cooking yummy and healthy (and dare I say it, mostly paleo) meals for my family. I'm looking forward to continuing our chore routine so that our home can be welcoming to whomever walks through these doors.
No comments:
Post a Comment