It dawned on me after I wrote my "ideal day" post that my day consists of 3 parts. Not morning, noon, and night. More like personal stuff, school stuff, and household stuff. I thought it would be a good idea to break those sections down so I have a clear idea of what would be a "successful" day. Ideal, perfect days would be, well, perfect, but probably not going to happen around here for awhile. Realistically, we live in a fallen world, and a perfect day would be hard to come by...and the end of the world would be here so we wouldn't be able to enjoy it anyway.
Alright, moving on.
I think if the following is in place I would consider myself having had a successful in the "personal" category.
-Time spent in prayer (at least one of the "Hours" and the daily reflection from "In Conversation with God")
-At least 20 minutes on the treadmill
-Drinking water throughout the day
-Make some connection with the "outside" world
-Read something not online
This is a bare bones list. This list could also be called "survival mode". I would love to accomplish more in my personal life (like go hiking every day, spend more time in prayer than online, sit and write a real letter to someone, sew, knit, crochet, solve the healthcare problem in the country, raise my own livestock, garden something other than weeds, etc...). However, if the above is in place I could go to sleep at night and know that I have lived a day instead of letting a day tick by.
*I feel the need to add that I don't usually work like this. This whole "write out a list to measure personal success" thing is new to me. I guess, in this season of raising medium and little ones (11 and under), something that I don't often see in "real life", I need a concrete vision of what in the world I'm doing here. And...being a list person, I thought a list would be great!
| Had to throw this in here because a post without a picture of sweet people just didn't seem right. |
No comments:
Post a Comment