*I began this post on Monday, oops.
First, our weekend! Saturday brought sunshine and a fabulous family
up from the Cities. You already know Margaret and her family, I'm
sure. If you don't...please meet them. What a blessing it was to get
to spend the day with them. We officially met at the Catholic
Homeschool Conference a couple of years ago, but Margaret had been
blessing me through her blog for many years prior to that. Our visit
was filled with yummy food (note to self: get that recipe) a lot of
unfinished conversations and activity of children. Just the way it
should be! The husbands hit it off, but with great guys like we have
that was hardly surprising. The kids hit it off, and I could go on and
on. We had a great day and I went into the rest of the weekend feeling
refreshed and recharged. Nothing beats spending time with a
like-minded, faith-filled, fun family! Can't wait until next time!
Tuesday
brought a great conversation with a great friend. God spoke through
her as we spoke. I think what was said was "Meghan, get over yourself
and stop worrying so much about what gets done and what doesn't. I got
this!" Okay, so I paraphrased. And thus ends my "series" of lists.
You're welcome!
Have a great weekend, eat something yummy, and spend time with someone you love!
5 comments:
I'm so delighted to find your blog via Margaret! Your kids are adorable, and your weekend sounds like it was just perfect. I love friends, food, and faith - all together!
He does "got" this, doesn't He. Hey, He got our crazy crew up to you for a visit, right?? And He got me to finally post a link to that recipe, so there you go.
Now get to the store and buy some cranberries.
Not to mention that cilantro.
PS. I hate how Blogger says "This comment has been removed by the author." It makes it sound all suspicious.
I found your blog yesterday via Minnesota Mom and spent a lot of time getting to know your beautiful family. I even read all of your caring bridge entries about sweet Felicity. Our first born spent some time in the PICU because he had a stroke at 3 days old. Very long story, but now he is an 18 year old homeschooled senior dual enrolled in college.
Post a Comment