But, it's keeping the baby happy so I can blog.
Outside...The sun has gone into hiding. I don't think it's particularly cold outside, but it sure doesn't look too inviting. The girls went outside and the "men" (1 man, 1 not-quite-there-yet little man) went out into the woods to shoot guns. Maybe I'll have to take a stroll down to the chicken coop just so I can say that I went outside too. *Update: I guess there was no gun shooting as the menfolk got lost on some back roads.* Insert grumpy men.
Inside...It may have taken longer than it should have, but every one finished their "morning chores" this morning so the house isn't a complete disaster. I'm ignoring the
My kitchen...I made oatmeal for the kids this morning and scrambled myself an egg when I was making Felicity her breakfast (the only kid who gets a hot breakfast every morning, little stinker). My children love old fashioned oatmeal with a little cinnamon and sugar. I, honestly, can't stand the stuff. I used to choke it down with them when I made it, but now I find something else to eat. Lunch was pancakes and bacon and dinner didn't quite go as planned. We said "yes" when the kids asked for some Halloween candy for dessert, and "yes" to seconds.
I'm grateful for...A second weekend in a row with Brett home!
A bazillion guests who have bopped over from Margaret's blog. Wow, she has quite a readership!
I'm feeling...A bit sorry for myself. Never did get outside today. I will remedy that tomorrow.
I'm excited for...The game of "Dominion" that is about to take place. We were introduced to this game by our pastor and it has been a favorite ever since. I'm horrible at describing it, so I'll just say that it's a lot of fun and Brett and I have been known to play a round when the kids are in bed.
The rest of this week...Mass bright and early tomorrow morning. Then, unless our calendars aren't lining up I believe that we have a full week without any extra evening obligations! This is the calm before the "end-of-the-semester-and-my-husband-is-a-music-professor" storm.
I'm reading..."33 Days to Morning Glory". I think Brett is going to join me. Can't wait.
In the schoolroom...Well, besides the covered wagon? I'm hoping to get some planning done this evening. This semester has been sorta thrown together more than usual, but next semester will be better.
A Picture:
4 comments:
Hi Meghan! I'm just popping over from Margaret's blog. My family use to vacation in northern Wisconsin every year, the same last week in June. Actually, they still do (40 years now), but I don't. I live too far away. We would stay at a beautiful resort on Big St. Germaine lake. I can still recall watching and wishing I was one of the Minnoqua-bats waterskiing at the water ski who! Beautiful family. I think we had that same snowsuit. I had purchased ours (or it was a gift from my mom possibly) from Land's End. I gifted it away when I didn't think we'd ever have any more children. Then along came another girl :) Have a blessed Sunday!
I can't believe that we never got around to talking about "33 Days to Morning Glory" when you were here yesterday. Can't BELIEVE it. You'd think there were other demands on our time or something.
You'll finish on...December 8th, perhaps? Let me know how you're doing and THANK YOU AGAIN for coming to visit!
OK, you post didn't say anything about your BIRTHDAY!!!!! Happy birthday and God bless you!!
And I see you are doing 33 Days? I LOVED it! You'll want to read his Consoling the Heart of Jesus after. You just will, trust me.
Sending love and prayers for your birthday! Nice to "meet" you!
Oh, yeah, I came from Margaret's post today!
Post a Comment