A friend of mine and I both won a free 30 minute massage in a drawing and we cashed in on that this morning. We traded off watching the kids and enjoyed 30 minutes of pampering this morning...lovely! After we were done we fixed some lunch for the kids and then it began to snow.
I was joking around with Aidan about needing to be shoveled out if it kept up. Poor kid took me halfway seriously. I forget that he has no concept of snow...how much is a lot (I'm sure he'll understand better after this winter) and how much is just a "dusting". The accumulation had moved from a "dusting" to a "coating" rather quickly, but still nothing too bad so we loaded up into the car for the ride home. The kids could not figure out how in the world we were going to be able to see out the car windows. "Mommy, what are we going to do" "How are we going to get home if we can't see out of the windows?" Then I brought it out. By "it" I mean that handy, dandy thing we call a snow scraper!
I impressed the kids by buzzing around the car "brushing" the snow off. I could hear "oh! wow!" from inside the car and got such a kick out of their astonishment. After the car was thoroughly cleaned off I hopped back in and heard, "I've seen that thing back there for years...I've just never known what it was for...what a handy little device that is...wow, that worked great!" I couldn't break it to them that I could have just as easily used my gloved hand and had the same outcome...no, I just couldn't do that to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment