There's been a general lack of motivation around here lately. Maybe it's the lack of sun, the cold weather, or whatever. Who knows, but it's been spreading like wildfire.
For instance...my guest bed is piled with clean clothes. I have been taking the clothes directly out of the dryer and throwing them onto the bed. Why am I doing this you ask? Well, my laundry basket is full of clean towels that need to be put away? Why aren't they put away? Well, because I need to reorganize/rethink that whole cupboard in the bathroom and I'm not sure I could stuff all the towels in there anyway. Why do I only have one laundry basket? Well, one is being used as "temporary" (read months) storage for clothes that need to be put in storage bins that are currently in the garage. The other is being used for...uhmm...I have no idea. I recently pulled a doll, Magic treehouse book, new package of wipes, and a paint shirt out of the bottom. Oh yeah, and the basket that I was so diligiently keeping all the loner socks that come out of my wash. I have about five piles of them and they never seem to find one another...poor loner socks. So, back to the pile on the bed. I have been known at times to stand down in my cold basement and fold clothes, but then I end up with piles of folded clothes on different pieces of furniture because I can't get them all upstairs without access to a basket.
I think tonight I've been motivated. Not too long ago I heard a yell from a new 6 year old boy who just hopped out of the shower, "Mom! I don't have any underwear in my drawer". I was quite proud that instead of running one pair up to him, I actually grabbed one of the many piles of Aidan-undies and took the whole pile to him.
I was just in my kitchen...unloaded the dishwasher, loaded 'er back up again and had to start it again. But, the clincher is what I saw on the white board.....
Hahahaha!!! I just saw that this post was never posted...too funny! A post entitled "motivation" (and dated back in November) and apparently the lack of motivation was so huge that I didn't have the motivation to finish and post the post! Ah well.
No comments:
Post a Comment