Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Our Bathroom

Have I mentioned that we are putting a bathroom in our basement. I have to admit that after our experience in the fall (sewer-how can you forget) I have been a little reluctant to do anything to our basement. We have, however, taken the proper steps that will supposedly prevent that from happening again so we feel about 90% sure that we are doing the right thing by making our basement another space where we want to spend time instead of a catch-all for all the things we don't want to deal with yet.

So, thanks to dear Uncle Sam, we now have a bathroom...well, minus the shower...Uncle Sam wasn't *that* generous. Hopefully by this summer we will have a shower and thus our house will become a 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom! We're almost up to what we had in Texas. Now if we could only make another bedroom and some closets appear we'll be there.

Joking aside, I really have come to love this house. It is small and simple. Just the way we want to live our lives. It is a challenge at times when little "character traits" of the house rear their ugly heads, but I feel so blessed to be where we are. I felt especially blessed when the wind was howling and a "final" winter storm came through and all I could feel was a small breeze (but that was only if I stood right next to our windows)...lol!

We used to have some shelves near where the bathroom is now that Brett decided needed to go. He put bigger and more practical ones in their place. When he took the old shelves down, this is what he found on the top:

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

What is it? I can't figure it out!

Yay for another potty!

Meghan said...

It's a little baby jar with some*thing* coming out of it, stuck to the top of the shelf.