Monday, April 28, 2008

Growing up.

Aidan told me this evening that he thinks he's getting older. The way he can tell this is that even though he still plays with his sisters doing "girly stuff", he doesn't really enjoy it. He thinks this is because he is getting to be bigger and bigger boys just aren't interested in "girly things" anymore. I smiled at my big six-year old while telling him that it is perfectly fine to like different things, er, "boy things", and that's all part of growing up.
I did have to laugh about this conversation while I was doing dishes though. I was washing the remnants of dishes from the kids "tea party" that they had this morning for breakfast. Much of it was orchestrated by my growing up six year old and he was most definitely enjoying it.

2 comments:

kelly said...

This must be the age for emerging gender identification or something. Hannah recently learned what "tomboy" meant, and is all over that, telling everyone that she is a tomboy. She will always qualify it immediately by informing that she is "MOSTLY a girly-girl, though".

Meghan said...

Well, Aidan would appreciate her "tomboy" side because he's surrounded by some very girly girls! :-)