Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Productive morning

Our morning has been very productive. The beds have been stripped and new sheets are already on. The kids rooms are clean, the kitchen is clean, and we are almost ready to start school...almost.
I was feeling great about our accomplishments this morning. I ran downstairs to take the dry clothes out of the dryer so when my towels were finished in the washing machine I could stick them in and start my load of sheets. Much to my dismay and surprise I found my dryer a black, streaky, mess, and most of the clothes have black streaks all over them too. Flashback to when I put said clothes in dryer...I remembered seeing a part of a black crayon on the floor next to the dryer and I searched and found another piece of black crayon in the dryer. I admit I called the search off at that point...well, you know the old saying that it's better to find a whole worm in your apple then half of one? Same goes for black crayons. Grrrr.....
Goo gone here I come!
Not sure what I'm going to do about the clothes though....double grrrrr....


UPDATE: Goo gone a bust. WD-40 a bust! Weiman ceramic stovetop cleaner...a WINNER! I don't know why I thought of it, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. Our dryer is now clean and the clothes are on their permasoak cycle until I feel like looking at them again. In the meantime the towels that never got dry today are sitting in a basket waiting their turn for another wash (had to tend to the clothes first). I've just accepted the fact that as long as people in this house are wearing clothes (which is usually on a daily basis) then my laundry is never going to be finished so why stress over it?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh Meghan!! I'm so glad you got the dryer clean, just make sure that stuff is not flammable, and that you got it completely wiped out. How awful...I can't imagine black crayon melted into clothing!!! I think there might be some serious mama-drama here if/when that ever happens around here.

Meghan said...

We wiped it out really well, and I figure if the stuff is made for ceramic stovetops then the heat shouldn't do too much to it. The directions for regular use say to just rub it into the surface and then buffer it so a fair amount stays there. It hasn't been a probelm yet. Now, Brett washing his bright red rug from his "man hole" and then putting it into the dryer...now that was a problem. Red stuff everywhere...it's fixed now, but I'm soooo done seeing the inside of my dryer. Lol!