I love that my children unapologetically say "grace" before they eat anything. They are right to acknowledge that we should be thankful for any food that we have. A favorite "grace" of Aidan's is the traditional Catholic one, in Latin. There are times where I'll set the kids up with food first and tell Aidan that he can lead them in grace, which he does every time in Latin.
I had to giggle about an encounter we had this afternoon. I set the kids up with some "whale crackers" (a rare treat around here) for a snack and as usual Aidan starting leading them in grace. Maybe it was because I am still tired (see last post...I did get a nap) or who knows, but when I heard, "In et nomine..." I said, "Oh for crying out loud, they are whale crackers...just say the regular prayer!"
No comments:
Post a Comment