Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fail!

Pot, with chicken burned and stuck to the bottom of it. It was going to be chicken soup. Fail!

Pancakes, stuck to pan. Second attempt at making pancakes in two days. Fail!

Pumpkin spice cake, which is a result of a failed attempt to make pumpkin-spice pancakes. I didn't want to waste the batter so I tossed it into the pan. After baking it for 3 hours I gave up. The middle was still liquid. Fail!
After these consecutive attemps at cooking for my family I sent the following email to Brett, "We're having Burger King tonight. Don't ask."
I seriously felt like a brand new wife who had never been in a kitchen. I'm not sure what was wrong with me, but everything I touched ended up in the garbage. I'm happy to announce that I'm back to my normal cooking-things-that-my-family-can-eat self again.

Disclaimer: The pancakes were made with gluten-free flour which has a tendency to be very dense.

1 comment:

Kaylie said...

Cute. You make me laugh. I myself had a chicken soup in the making that I burnt to a crisp this week. Maybe there's just something in the air? Hopefully, my pumpkin spice cake won't be burnt when I make it tomorrow. ;o)