Monday, February 22, 2010
Outside my window...The sun is shining and the snow is a gross, slushy, grey mess.
I am thinking...I'm not sure if these little girls are ever going to be healthy. Actually, I know that they are. I know that bugs like this take awhile to completely "bug off". In the meantime, I'm thinking that I need to be more positive.
I am thankful for...Kids who are old enough to help out, neighbors who humor my kid's creative whims and bring treats, a husband who doesn't usually have to travel.
From the learning room...I thought we moved out of "Tornado Alley", but one look at the schoolroom would convince anyone otherwise. Before any "learning" was accomplished this morning, we did a major cleaning.
From the kitchen...A whole chicken is cooking in the crock pot and eventually will be joined on our table by some potatoes and a vegetable of some sort.
I am wearing...A TTU sweatshirt, denim skirt, fuzzy socks, slippers, and my hair in a pony tail. My contacts are in, but I really contemplated leaving them out of the ensemble today.
I am creating...A smaller waist, a deeper pray life, and a peaceful household....well, that's my hope anyway.
I am going...to take a nap with my snuffy nosed, feverish, coughing baby. I won't feel a bit guilty about it...not a bit. I just hope that she's planning on taking a nap with her mommy....she is the boss afterall.
I am reading...Same as before. Brett picked up "The Apostles" and "The Church Fathers" by Pope Benedict XVI and I might read one of those this evening.
I am hoping...That this family gets healthy soon, and that I get a little bit of sleep tonight.
I am hearing...Aidan entertaining his sisters with an impromptu "play" (using this term very loosely).
Around the house...This Lenten season we will be purging our house of things that are cluttering up our lives. So far, so good.
One of my favorite things...The snugglyness of a fevering baby, the shining sun, evenings with my husband, and a flexible schedule.
A few plans for the rest of the week...This week and next are both "those" kinds of weeks when I have to really focus on how much I love having my husband home over Christmas break and summer break. I have to remind myself that weeks like this are worth getting to see Brett for extended periods of times because we won't see much of the big guy from now until Spring Break.
A picture thought I'm sharing...
Don't worry, we threw these onions away.
No comments:
Post a Comment