Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Snowy Daybook

For today, Tuesday, February 9th

Outside my window...We finally have snow. This winter has been so very strange. Usually by this time of year we have piles so high we have to find other places to put the snow when we shovel. This morning we finally woke up to a pure white covering.

I am thinking...I may regret not jumping at an opportunity that fell in my lap, but I don't think so. I think I know myself well enough to know that I can confidently turn down this once in a lifetime opportunity and be at peace about it. Think: Rome, me, free, soon. Anyway, I'm most likely not going and I'm perfectly fine with that. I still have a sweet nursling who although is almost at the age the "experts" say is old enough to not be nursing, I know myself and my style of mothering and I know that weaning right now just so I can go to Rome would make me miserable.

I am thankful for...A supportive husband, snow!!!, children who can and love to read for hours, a baby who chants "dadda, dadda, dadda" when she sees him walk in the door.

From the learning room...We're learning about Ancient Egypt and reading about Ann with an "e". Loving it!

From the kitchen...I made a huge pot of chicken rice soup last night for dinner and we had leftovers for lunch. With some creative supplementation we'll have it again tonight.

I am wearing...My favorite black skirt, a Target t-shirt under a red sweater that I hadn't seen for ages, Christmas socks, and my moccasins.

I am creating...I started writing on and organizing pictures so I can "catch up" our family scrapbook. My plan is to do our current pages first so I'm not all the way behind and then do the rest.

I am going...To stay here at the end of March. Really I am....I think.

I am reading..."In conversation with God", and "The Mission of Motherhood".

I am hoping...That I get to meet a lot of new babies this summer. I have several friends who are expecting and I can't wait to hear the good news!!!

I am hearing...The two older girls playing "Anne and Dianna, bosom friends" with the mega-blocks.

Around the house...I have a few loads of laundry to put away, and our back door entryway is packed full of wet snowpants. I'll get to it, but for now I'm enjoying the quiet of the afternoon.

One of my favorite things...A fresh blanket of snow.

A few plans for the rest of the week....Has is really arrived? At the end of the week is Miss Veronica's 1st birthday. None of us can believe she is almost one, and no one can remember what we did without her. Her "almost 4" older sister has requested a joint birthday party and the request will be granted on Saturday. Gigi turns 4 on Ash Wednesday and although she will get a special day, there will be no partying. I will be going "birthday day" grocery shopping on Friday to get special treats and fixin's to make the cakes. I expect the youngest birthday girl will be walking by weeks end. She has taken up to 6 steps and is just thrilled with herself.

1 comment:

Kaylie said...

Totally love the Ann with an "e" books. Good memories.

I'm loving these installments by the way...really getting a glimpse of you and what's going on with you. :)