Monday, February 15, 2010

A Way-to-Early Daybook

For Today

Monday, February 15, 2010

Outside my window...It was dark and clear when I woke up this morning. The sun isn't quite all the way up (it must know it's Monday) and it's snowing. I love snow! My shovelers (remember the "look alikes"?) are probably wishing they hadn't shoveled last night.


I am thinking...I knew better than to open my big "we-really-haven't-been-sick-much-at-all-this-winter" mouth. Two down, four to hopefully escape.


I am thankful for...His Real Presence in the Eucharist, a one year old who is dropping off to sleep while I type and sway (she was up at 4:00am thanks to the snowplows plowing in my living room, or so it sounded), the invention of flavored coffee creamer, water bottles, humidifiers, and cough medicine.


From the learning room...Aidan tried to petition for a day off since Emma and Gigi are sick. He didn't think it was fair that they didn't have to "do" school today. Trying to instill some compassion for his sisters I said, "Wouldn't you rather be healthy and able to learn than feel sick and too tired to focus on schoolwork?" To which he replied, "No, not really." Needless to say, we'll have a rather light school day today.


From the kitchen...Sandwiches for lunch, spaghetti for dinner, maybe something sweet and fun before Lent begins.


I am wearing...A grey pajama top with bright colored, striped fleece pajama bottoms and my glasses.


I am creating...Some Lenten lists, hopefully some skirts and fleece winter hats for the kids, and maybe I'll tackle Easter dresses for the girls again.


I am going...Absolutely nowhere today. We'll stay tucked away in our sorta-warm little house and I'm okay with that. I love being home!


I am reading..."In Conversation with God" and "The Mission of Motherhood". The first contains reflections on the daily scripture readings which seem to be written just for me, and the second is to encourage me in my profession.


I am hoping and praying...For so many expectant friends, for friends in discernment, for a dear friend who I just think could use some extra prayers, and for my family to be healthy.


I am hearing...Brett sing a favorite "baby bunny slippers" song, followed by Gigi, followed by my head, probably for the rest of the day.


Around the house...Monday is a heavy laundry day so I'll be doing laundry for most of the day, I'll be walking around to see what needs to be put on our Lenten "Spring Cleaning" list, and I'm sure a movie will be turned on at some point...maybe even before lunch.


One of my favorite things...Fleece!


A few plans for the rest of the week...Lent begins on Wednesday, so we will be adjusting life around here a bit. We tend to keep a pretty "quiet" life in regards to technology so we won't need to change much of that, but the late night "the kids are finally asleep, let's make something yummy" moments will most likely be ending. Gianna will turn 4 this week!!!! Brett has a few concerts and rehearsals this week, the homeschool group meets tomorrow, but we'll miss out for some fevering little girls. Karate will happen as usual for Aidan. I'm looking forward to the pace of Lent, the quiet of Lent, the redirection of Lent.


A picture thought I'm sharing...

No comments: