Thursday, March 4, 2010

I get it now

So God knew that I would leave something to be desired as far as my Lenten sacrifices so he chose one for me...a sick baby! It's been going on since the 17th (Ash Wednesday), and I'm hoping that it won't continue for the rest of Lent. I know that it doesn't really work that way, but it sure seems like that's the case this time.

I do have a lot to be thankful for, although sleep unfortunately isn't on the list. As I sat up all night watching my fevering baby shake and shiver and jolt herself from a restless sleep and lose all the contents of her stomach (three times) I did manage to remember to pray for those parents who are at the side of their child's hospital bed wondering if they will ever get to go home. I'm not writing about this to toot my own horn...trust me, no horn tootin' here. I'm simply doing it as a reminder to myself that so many people have it much worse than I do. Always a good thing to remember when one is on the verge of a lack-of-sleep meltdown, and I'm not talking about the sick baby.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh, poor poor baby! And poor Meghan! I'm praying for health and rest for all of you.