Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Random thoughts

God knew that I would fail, yet again, to fufill any of my Lenten sacrifices and so He chose for me. We're all sick...again. We haven't all been healthy since before Ash Wednesday. Blah.



I find it completely irritating that those who voted for our president are upset about this whole healthcare thing. What did you expect? This is exactly that he said he would do. How's that change tastin' now? Blah.



I'm missing the Chrism Mass because I would be irritated if a group like mine came and sat next to me in a long and crowded Mass (aaaaaaachoooooooo!). Blah.



Our tax refund that was supposed to be deposited in our account by today is nowhere to be seen. I'm hoping it's just because it's taking longer and not because there's something wrong with the return. Blah.



Wow! I really should have titled this entry: "Random really-negative-and-sarcastic-remarks from-someone-who-didn't-sleep-last-night".



Let's try this again!

We have recently been able to share our love and passion for NFP with engaged couples. This particular Church teaching has shaped our lives in more ways than we'll ever know.



We have no more snow. Spring break started as the end of winter and ended as the beginning of Spring!



I saw more bald eagles in our short drive to La Crosse, WI than I have in my entire life. They are truly majestic birds! We're talking dozens of them in the air, in the trees, and on the ice pretending to be geese. Very cool.



Our spring break consisted of visiting with two amazing families. We had so much fun both weekends, and now we need a vacation from our vacation.



I am pleasantly surprised that modern Church architecture can be both beautiful and inspiring!

We have been graced with the presence of some great young men who are discerning their vocations. Over spring break I met (again) a young man who comes from a family I sorta grew up with, and then when we got back we had a wonderful message on our answering machine from a seminarian from our diocese telling us that he was in town. We feel so blessed to get to spend time with these young men. They are the "new springtime".

And with that, I must continue to teach a few children who have apparently forgotten everything they have ever learned over one short week. Oh bother!

1 comment:

Wade Katie and the boys said...

I would look for your refund on Friday. I have found that the IRS always does the automatic deposits on Friday.
I like your sarcastic remarks :)
Hope your family is feeling better soon.