For Today
March 10, 2010
I am thinking...that it's really hard to enforce the "don't pretend to shoot people" when nerf guns are involved. They don't hurt, and it's really fun to have nerf gun wars and actually hit people with them. For whatever reason I'm more bothered by my children using "stick guns" and pointing them at people and making shooting sounds. Those guns are reserved for fake hunts. But Nerf guns? I just can't bring myself to telling the kids not to shoot each other with them.
I am thankful for...a healthy baby!
From the learning room...Our learning room is a mess. During Christmas break we had made plans to make it more usable, but that didn't happen. At this point I'm not sure when it's going to happen. We accomplished a fair amount of learning today so I should be happy with that.
From the kitchen...I have meat defrosting that will hopefully turn into meatballs for dinner (I forgot to put my order in with the dinner fairy though so it looks like I'll have to actually make the meatballs...bummer.)
I am wearing...my favorite black skirt, a bright green sweater with a matching scarf, and Christmas socks. I'm feeling very fashionable indeed.
I am creating...uh....er.....hmmmmmmmm.....
I am going...to make it to the end of the week afterall! At least I think I will. The weeks leading up to any break are soooo hard. Spring break starts soon! We will get there, we will, we will!!!
I am reading..."In Conversation with God", "Dancing with my Father", and too many facebook posts. Must figure that whole thing out. I really think facebook can be a good thing, but I haven't figured out the key to making it a good thing.
I am hoping...that we all stay healthy for our fun Spring Break plans!
I am hearing...a willful baby yelling at her siblings and kids bossing each other around. Methinks I chose the wrong time to write this.
Around the house...We were in maintenance mode for all of last week. The bare minimum was done. As far as I remember every one ate close to three meals a day and had clean underwear on. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Hmmm...and we have leftover frosting in the refrigerator from Brett's birthday...oops, getting side-tracked. This week we have a guest from our TTU days coming for a couple of days which helped speed up the "getting-back-to-normal" process, and we are leaving for a fun weekend with some great friends! This is all to say that I'm trying really hard to stay on top of things so we can enjoy all of our plans and not be overwhelmed with the house. Also, did I mention we have water in the basement? Not much, and it's just run off from this crazy-warm weather we've had. Brett took it on this morning and hopefully we've seen the last of it.
Some of my favorite things....a healthy baby (willful though she may be), our amazing NFP-only doctor, speaking to engaged couples about the benefits and blessings of using NFP, seeing friends, babies (no not an announcement), and the fact that Veronica is now tall enough to see out our windows as long as she rests her chin on the windowsill and stands on her tippy-toes.
A few plans for the rest of the week...We have a guest here until Friday evening, a playgroup that was started from an off-shoot of the homeschool group tomorrow, mom's meeting on Friday, and then traveling to that "other" state to see some good friends! All great things!
A quote I'm contemplating..."Ad majorem Dei Glorium". All For the Glory of God! Brett has this on our bulletin board at the Newman Center. I'm trying to remember this...all day, every day!
A picture thought I'm sharing...
We thought we should get out and snow-shoe before the snow melted away. Luckily there is still plenty of it in the forest! Veroncia was a great papoose.
2 comments:
So glad Baby V is healthy again for you- enjoy your visiting! What is the papoose you're wearing in the photo w/ her? You always have the scoop on baby wearing & such! That said, any recommendations for good home organizing/meal planning books? I've been wanting to ask you! MG
Also, will you post your brocolli salad recipe? I remember it as a cold salad, sweet and tangy at the same time. My husband who loves brocolli gets tired of peas all the time!
Post a Comment