Monday, March 1, 2010

A Late Night Daybook (Nightbook?)


For today
Monday, March 1, 2010
Outside my window...it is dark, except for the street lights and parking lot lights.
I am thinking...about my "glass if half empty" kid. Wondering what I can do to help him "choose joy". Also thinking that our decision to let this kid consume anything he wants (gluten or no) may not have been wise. We'll see.
I am thankful for...electric blankets, a sweet husband, a refrigerator full of food.
From the learning room...We started off the day with a run to the bank and grocery store. School happened in the afternoon, but as Aidan told Brett at lunch today, "We haven't done school, but that doesn't mean we haven't learned anything". I think he was saying this to get out of "doing school". Smart kid. Didn't work though.
From the kitchen...Huge grocery shopping trip means for some great, healthy, yummy, fresh food for us. Hopefully Gianna won't have to change her Lenten sacrifice this week. The menu is planned and I'm looking forward to food consumption this week.

I am wearing...my fleece pajamas.
I am creating...a lot of lists. Curriculum lists for next year, cleaning/routine lists for a few children who have recently forgotten that they aren't royalty, and a spring cleaning list that if nothing else is making me face (on paper) the "trouble spots" of my housekeeping.
I am going...to pretend that I'm not congested and that my throat doesn't burn like fire.
I am reading..."Dancing with my Father" by Sally Clarkson.
I am hoping...that our homeschooling neighbors down the street will be able to meet with us on Friday. We have a "date" for the library and my kids long to see their friends.
I am hearing..a baby breathing in bed with me, Aidan talking in his sleep, and the sound of shuffling papers as "the prof." corrects exams.
Around the house...As long as I stay on the first two levels of my house I can feel pretty good about the place. The basement has been overtaken by laundry. Clean, needing-to-be-folded/put away-laundry. The 8 year-old had his first lessons in laundry today. I wash more of his clean clothes than his dirty ones. His turn.
One of my favorite things...is having all my little chicks sleeping soundly in this nest of theirs.
A few plans for the rest of this week...I'm planning on not becoming a complete stressed out mess by the end of the week. Brett has something every night this week. This started yesterday and will continue until Saturday night. I am planning on sticking to the school schedule, the meal schedule, the laundry schedule, and the karate schedule. I am planning on keeping this little home moving smoothly despite having a key player "out".
A picture thought I'm sharing...

Gigi on her birthday. I just love this girl!

No comments: