Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Grumpy Beginning Daybook

For Today

November 9, 2101

Outside my window...I'm not sure what it looks like. My curtains are still closed. We get a lot of foot traffic by our house so until I'm ready for people to possibly see me, my curtains stay closed. It's been one of those mornings and I'm not yet ready to open my world to *the* world.

I am thinking....of ways I can creatively punish two children who seem to be having an impossible time being kind to one another. Waking up to children bickering is not pleasant.

I am thankful for...A sweet toddler who makes us laugh, a 4 yeard old who has many things to say (see previous post), a 7 year old who gives her baby sister anything she wants (hmmm...is this a good thing), and an almost 9 year old who can be very helpful (when he feels like it).

From the school room...We took all of last week off. It was technically the end of our quarter and I used to take a week off after we completed a quarter of the year's work. Last week sort of just got away from us. This week is looking a little bit better.

From the kitchen...Golden Grahams were on sale and I have never purchased them for my kids. We had the "no sugar cereal" rule in our house growing up and on occasion my mom bought it for us so I can't imagine it's horrible for you. We're having soup for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner. I am working on being more diligent in planning our meals and having freezer meals available so we are not tempted to get fast food in a pinch.

I am wearing...My pajamas.

I am creating...hmmm....I'm not sure why I even include this one in my daybooks. I'm really not creative, and well...the creative juices are not flowing these days.

I am going...to be 30 soon! Weird.

I am reading...Betsy-Tacy with the kids. So, so, so sweet! I don't know why it took me so long to find these books.

I am hoping...We hear about some important news today. Waiting is driving us all crazy.

I am hearing...that sweet toddler asking if she can candy, Gianna telling me some sort of story, Emma getting ready for the day, and Aidan stomping around, griping, and composing a song about how he doesn't like his mother...classic. It might be a long day.

Around the house...we (meaning Brett) completed the last of the painting that needed to happen in our house. Now, in the 3 1/2 years we have lived here we have painted the whole place from top to bottom. Things are still out of place from the project and I know just the person who will be reorganizing it all.

One of my favorite things...walking into the kitchen and seeing that my sweet husband has left me just a taste of coffee. I'm not big on caffeine when I'm pregnant, but a sweet (sweet because I drown it with yummy creamer) warm 1/2-cup of coffee is always a welcome treat.

A few plans for the rest of the week...The rest of this week depends entirely upon what news we hear and when we hear it. Please pray. No one's sick, hurt, or in spiritual danger. We just have something important going on that is currently out of our hands. Sorry for being so cryptic, I promise to disclose all information soon.
A picture for today...Veronica just couldn't make it through our read aloud yesterday. She was getting very crabby, crawled up on the couch, pulled a blanket over her and started naptime early. Whose kid is this anyway!

No comments: