After the disappointment of not getting the house we were looking at it I've been forced to look at the big picture a little bit. Guess what? Now, this may come as a surprise to you, but we don't have it so bad. I know, I know, shocking.
We have worked very hard in the past 3 1/2 years to make this house a home. We've painted and remodeled and rearranged furniture. Another baby is not going to make this house unlivable. We'll just have to be a little creative in how we manage it. Who am I kidding anyway? The current "baby" of the house still sleeps with us every night. I won't even pretend we're trying to encourage her to move into her sweet bed that Brett made for her. We're not. We get ready for bed, she gets tucked into "Mama-mine" bed and there she stays, my private heated blanket. So, really. Our situation in this house is really no different. People used to raise much larger families than ours in houses much smaller than this one.
Our house was built in 1933. In 1933 every one in the household had but 2 outfits. Not the case these days. In 1933 kids didn't own huge, awkward-to-store toys. We try not to have too many, but we have too many. Basically, if we lived like they did when our house was brand new we could live here forever, which is something worth considering.
So, we've come full circle here. We don't have it so bad. I'm grateful for this home, for the people in it, and for the memories we are creating here. If the perfect, larger house, shows up then that will be great. For now though, I'm content with being here. And I vow to stop whining.
No comments:
Post a Comment