We took our kids to polls with us today to vote. As we were leaving a gentleman made the comment, "You sure have a lot of voters with you". Of course we just smiled and said, "Yep" or something like that.
It dawned on me. I've thought about this before, but today for whatever reason it was more apparent. We may not have many current voters in our household, but we sure do have several future voters. I'm not sure the anti-life agenda is counting on us pro-lifers outnumbering them some day. We have the chance, in a generation, of turning this nation around. I do realize that not all of my children are future pro-life voters, but the chances are pretty good. If all goes well in this whole parenting thing we will have at least 5 active citizens who will respect all life and who will be skeptical of a government that tries to tell them otherwise.
1 comment:
I have thought about this so many times. One of my friends has 15 and they went to a rally with signs, "My parents are pro-life, I'm #1, #2, #3, etc."
Parenting with an attitude of life being cherished and important will hopefully lead to children who share those beliefs. It is an impact we can make even when the votes don't sway our way.
Post a Comment