Thursday, September 15, 2011

Construction Zone

We've done several updates to our home since purchasing it.  The latest one is having new doors installed.  Brett has done most of the work himself, but we thought we'd spare him the time and the frustration and spare us the new vocabulary words so we hired a contractor for this project.

We're hoping to finish a few more big projects before the snow flies.  Time is limited, but I think we'll make it. 

I know I haven't posted many pictures about our house yet.  I'll probably get to it, but I'm not a huge fan of "house pictures" in blogs.  I love "big project" pictures, but I'm more of a "this is every day life" kind of blogger so pictures of each room clean and tidy are probably never going to make it on here. 

The new door is steel on one side and oak on the other.  Brett will finish it to match the rest of the wood in our house.
 Here's a pic of the old door.