Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Beginnings

Don't you just love new beginnings? There's a reason why "they" make a killing selling how-to-organize-everything books, and how-to-lose-weight books at the beginning of a new year. People love the thought of a clean slate to start over.

This school year is my new beginning. We've had a very rough past almost 6-months. Although for the most part things have settled down we are still caring for an extremely needy baby. Our sweet miracle has taught me many new mothering skills. And to think that I had it all figured out after the first four kiddos I'm raising.

We are trying several new ideas this school year. I have no workbooks in my whole house, something I've always strived to do, but failed repeatedly year after year. We are learning together. I stick with the kids all day long and we work together, learn together, and play together. We are spending copious amounts of time together and reconnecting after some difficult times.

Tomorrow marks the completion of our first week of school and I couldn't be happier with how it all went. For once I don't have a checklist of tasks I want accomplished every day and I don't have a set time for when I want things completed. We take the inevitable interruptions as they come and keep pluggin' along.

No comments: