Part of the reason for this blog is to give me something to work from when I actually get a chance to update the kids' "baby" books. So, for the record:
We take part in a tradition with Brett's great friend from high school and his family every Christmastime. It's called C&CC. It has nothing to do with the Catholic Church and it has nothing to do with Conservation Camps. It is simply Christmas Chili and Chocolate Cake (yes, I know a "C" is missing and I've never been able to understand how the acronym is actually formed, but that's not important here). This tradition has been going on for about 11 years now. The group changes slightly from year to year, and we haven't been able to attend the past couple of years since we were so far away. This year we brought the kids since we started the meal earlier in the day. They've attended this elite evening once before, but I'm not sure if they remembered it or not. Before we arrived, I reminded our children that we were having chili tonight, we were guests in someone's house, and we were going to be polite and eat whatever it is that is put in front of us or we will go hungry (so mean I know...same rule applies here). Apparently Aidan was in the kitchen with our hostess and was asked if he liked chili. He paused, looked pensive and stated, "Well, mommy said that we were going to eat whatever was put in front of us because we were guests and we weren't going to be rude, buuuuut....since you asked...no, I do not care for chili!"
1 comment:
Hahahahaha!! That's a great one. Did the hostess laugh? :)
Can you email me your address again? I'm not sure that I have it, and S wants to mail a letter to Aidan.
Post a Comment