So technically this family has turned off the tv for lent. That was supposed to include the children. But, I'm sure I'm dispensed from my lenten sacrifice if when I wake up the temperature (not including wind chill) reads -20 degrees F, if school takes all of 20 minutes because the pupils can hardly do anything without grabbing a kleenex or coughing, and if the only thing that distracts the almost-two-year old from her inevitable ear infection is sitting on the couch and staring! :-) Surely, I can offer up something else for the day....right? I won't mention the handful of M&Ms I impulsely grabbed before heading down to the basement (brrrrrrrrr) to "work" on the computer. Doh!
*On a side note: If any one was wondering what happens when you use your front, non-heated, entry way to store certain beverages of choice that you don't want taking up room in your refrigerator (i.e. pop/soda/coke/whatever, beer), let ye be warned...remember that can of sizzling fun that you stuck in your freezer to cool off just a tad bit faster, but then you forgot about it? That's right....what I thought was just "shoe yuck" that hadn't melted was in fact Diet Coke (I do not endorse this junk, just live with a lovely man who happens to like it..ick) that had exploded. Lucky for me I'm not expecting the temperature to rise much in the next couple of days so I have awhile before I have to deal with the frozen sticky mess.
2 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. You had sodas freeze and explode INSIDE your home?!? That is craziness!
Lindsey,
Well, technically it's a part of our house, but is more like a tiny porch with walls (instead of being screened in), and old, poorly insulated walls at that with no heat going to it. We call it the "ice locker" and threaten naughty children with having to stand in there as punishment...muhahahahaha!
Post a Comment