I just realized that I haven't even officially announced our news on my blog! Not that it really matters because I think I've already told every one who actually reads it anyway, but it's nice to be official!
We're having a baby!!!!!!!
There, I did it!
I was 8 weeks on Friday and that 8 week mark was a good one to hit. Early miscarriages generally happen before then. Of course the 12 week mark will be a celebration and really every week after that until we are holding this precious baby in our arms. I'm actually doing a fantastic job (if I do say so myself) of offering up my anxiety to the Lord and His Blessed Mother and letting Them take care of me instead of worrying for 40 weeks.
I had my first doctor's appointment on Friday and I have to say that I love this doctor. He's an NFP-only (HURRAY!!!!!) doctor and is just wonderful. I've never really liked any of my previous doctors so this is really nice. He's a family practice doc who does deliveries, is a Christian (not Catholic, although he did get a degree in theology from a Catholic University), loves NFP/Theology of the Body/Christopher West/etc, is...now this one is a little strange for me...our age (meaning probably somewhere between 27 and 30), is a family man, "gets" us and our disdain for the "pregnancy in a package" mentality of prenatal care (and is willing to be flexible with us), and is NFP-ONLY....oh, did I mention that already...lol! :-)
Other news from here: I've been feeling horribly tired and nauseous and I don't want to be around any one so I think those are all good signs that things are going well. :-)
Better go and take my nap before my opportunity passes me by!
2 comments:
Congrats! I was thinking about you and your family just earlier today so I am so excited to read your post!!!I'll be praying for a happy & healty pregnancy for you! God Bless!
YAY!!!! ((((Meghan)))) A virtual hug is probably better for you than a real one, considering how you're feeling! I'm so glad you had a great visit and like the doctor. You all were definitely in our prayers and on my heart on Friday, specifically during A's baptism. :) I hope we can chat soon when you are feeling better (J did call y'all back but he missed you and left a message).
Post a Comment