Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quote by Aidan

As I was putting Aidan to bed last night:

"Wow, Aidan, we sure have had a couple of busy days outside. It's been so beautiful. It seems like you've had a great time playing and helping daddy!"

"Yeah" (as he flops into bed utterly exhausted) "I need a rain-day. It's just getting to be too much!"

When I told Brett about this he cracked up. It's true that Aidan has been busy all day. Busy playing! He keeps Brett company while he digs the endless line of post holes, cleans off any treasures they may find in the holes, hammers stakes into the ground, throws said stakes like at a medieval tournament (when his sisters are nowhere near), plays "jungle" in the pile of branches we attained after chopping down our lilac tree, er, bush, etc... Yep, it's just getting too hard being a kid!

No comments: