I'm writing this post to remind myself that I am very grateful for the deer Brett brought home last night. It will stock our freezer and feed our bellies, and he had a great time to boot. There, I said it, so now if I sound a little ungrateful because this deer is currently taking up my whole refrigerator while it's waiting to be packaged tonight when I have a Thanksgiving *turkey* to be thawing and other groceries to get, I can look back at this long run-on sentence filled post and say, "See, I am to grateful!".
4 comments:
Don't know if this will help, but do you have a garage or some other place that it cold and not insulated to use as temporary extra "fridge" space? We have a room on the front of our house that is basically a closed in porch and it works great for extra cold storage in the winter! Just an idea.....
Thanks for the tip Chandra. The Turkey is now happily residing in what we lovingly refer to as "the ice locker" aka our front entryway. I should have full access to the fridge after tonight so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.
I just wanted to drop by and tell you Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for y'all as friends, and as godparents to Anthony. God bless you!
Yes, the ice locker! I was thinking of that as I read Chandra's comment!
Happy Thanksgiving, you cool people!
Post a Comment