Saturday, January 3, 2009

Beadwork

Before Christmas break started the kids decided they wanted to study a couple of things while Brett was home. One was Native American Art and the other was the hibernation patterns of the Northwoods animals. Brett was in charge of the first topic and I think I'm supposed to be doing the second...good thing we have another week of Christmas break before Brett goes back.

When Brett was younger he was really into beadwork and making things out of leather. He taught the kids all about the hows/whys of both and Aidan and Emma have each made a leather pouch/purse. They've been working on their bead patterns most recently. Here's a picture of Emma wearing a leather poncho thing (that's the technical name I'm sure) while working on her beads. I'll post more pictures with the kids and their finished projects when I get a chance.

No comments: