Monday, January 12, 2009

You know you're very pregnant when.....

Brett took the kids to a friends house this afternoon to play, and gave me the option of coming or not. So, I chose not. Ah! An afternoon to myself. The options, the possibilities...oh, what will I do, what will I do?

Well, what would you do when you're nearing the end of a pregnancy (and this is so telling that I am indeed getting there and it's not just my imagination).

I slept! Yep, that's right folks. The house to myself, and I spent my time sleeping. Pathetic for sure. I've been feeling very strong feelings of wanting to be by myself (a little like how a cat hides under a bed to have her litter of kittens). I know I'm not *that* close to having this baby, but motherly instinct (not the kind that helps you "feel" if you're having a boy and a girl and always fails you) has kicked it. "Retreat", it tells me. That and "get every last square inch of your house cleaned now!". I like the first message better so that's the one I choose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep now, you did the right thing! Cause -no sleep- is coming fast. ;) So excited for you! Ang